What preparations have you done for this interview A simple but a significant question
What preparations have you done for this interview? A simple but a significant question
You have to face many questions, which are hurled at you at an interview, and this one will surely be somewhere at the top of the list. If you are not prepared for this question, then it will surely blow you away and you will end up with a blank face, which is a big No for an interview. However, like every other questions, this one have an answer too, all you need to do is to prepare for it in the right way, and answer it in the right way as well.
Just keep the following points in mind while you prepare for this question:
- The motive of the interviewers in posing this question might be to test your sincerity. So just, be sincere with your answer. If you have prepared thoroughly for the interview, then tell them about your preparations.
- The problem arises when you have not prepared at all or had less time to prepare. Make sure that you do not give a negative answer. Even if you have not put in much effort to prepare for the interview, just try to be positive with your answer.
- With such a question, the interviewer tries to find out whether you are serious for the job. Give an answer that ensures him about your sincerity. If you have done some homework on the company’s background, then you can mention that you have searched about the company and its way of working and other details so that you can prepare for the interview well.
- Prepare your answer according to the position you are applying for. If you applying for any Strategist position, then mention how you have made efforts to know more about the company’s working, its products, the way of working of its teams, etc.
- If you are applying for some sales position, then focus more on the products and their types that the company manufactures or sells.
- Remember that the interviewer wish to enquire about the actions you have taken while preparing for the interview, so give some direct answers instead of just theory. Whether you have gone through their website, read any brochure, took references etc, tell it all to the interviewer to give the proof.
- Never give general answers like you practiced answering questions at home. What the employers generally assume is that the more research you have done, the more inclined you are towards the job.
- List all the kinds of investigations you have carried out to gather information about the company, as this will show your interest towards the company, the job, and your earnestness towards your career goals. The more interested you are in the job, the better is the possibility of getting it.
- The best way to prepare for this question is to do some rigorous research in real. Try to find out as much about the company as you can. Delve deeper into the details about the company’s working culture, its history, its current objectives, and other facts. This will also help you to find out the management style of the company and give you an idea of what kind of people they like to hire.
- If you do some hard work prior to going for the interview then you will not have to make efforts to build up any false answers to support your candidature for the job. Being honest is the way of answering questions in an interview and it shows that you have actually put in some effort to get the job.
<< The Top Most Interview Questions to be Prepared for
In the competitive job scenario, one should not leave any stone unturned to grab the attention of employers, and a cover letter can help you achieve this. A cover letter puts forward your qualifications, intentions, and your skills in a crisp and appealing manner. For the best first impression, you should make sure that your CV is accompanied by a Cover letter.
Here are some of other major reasons why you need a cover letter along with your CV.
Your Resume is not just a document stating your academic record, work experience, or your skills; it is your key to the best of the jobs in the industry. Therefore, you need to pay extra attention to your Resume even if you are an experienced professional. Even after being in the business for a long duration you might still need help with your Resume
I'm Still Quite Interested